Dental Health Community
Teeth sore under new bridge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Teeth sore under new bridge

I recently had a bridge replaced for the third time.  The first was done about 20 years ago.  When the old bridge was taken off my dentist did a root canal on one tooth.  The impressions were taken and the bridge ordered.  No temp bridge was installed at that time and I begin chewing on my newly exposed (previously bridged) teeth.  These teeth were somewhat straightened with braces years back to install the first bridge, since they were badly tipped.  Now that I had been chewing without a bridge I started feeling an ache in the teeth and an actual weekness although I didn't notice any loose feeling.  I didn't tell the dentist thinking it would go away and now the new bridge is achy when pressed on the side and when pulled on from below with floss.  I get a pain in the bridge on awakening and have to sort of bite down on it, push it down.  Then the ache subsides.  It's been over 2 months since the bridge was completed and I still have the problem.  I have had a total of 5 bridges over the years and they never felt this way--all solid, ache free from day one.  This is a new dentist whom I feel is well-trained, etc. but what gives?
Going back to your restorative dentist to address your problem is advised.
I just had to have a tooth pulled on my upper right side, and needed a bridge put in. I got this done 2 days ago and expected soreness. However, now my 2 anchor teeth are sore. I mean, I can't chew because when I apply pressure, I get sharp pains. Is this normal? Will this go away? I didn't want to go running to my dentist in case this is a natural reaction, but I just don't know. My bite is off a bit, but I only have te temp bridge on. Any advice?