Dental Health Expert Forum
Temporary Veneers

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Temporary Veneers

I had my teeth prepared for veneers and crowns today and she put on temporary veneers.  However, it feels like the temporary is all one and not separate teeth.  Is it likely that the temporary is all one?  There are no gaps between the teeth, which makes me think it is all one.

After she had drilled the teeth looked like small stumps.

I have also had whitening.  They used to be B2 but are now A1.  Is A1 the highest?

I am based in the UK.

Best wishes,

Iain.
It is possible that the temps are connected for extra strength. The veneers will be individual. The preps for the crowns may look like stumps to the layman but there is a method to our madness.If you are asking if A1 is the lightest it is not. That does not mean that that is the shade of the laminates.I have found if they are too light it is too artificial looking.
B1 is the brightest, but "B" is a different color than "A". there are now even whiter shades than B1 and A1. Msot likely your temporary is one piece. It was done that way so it does not break, and because making separate temps is clinically very difficult ans not necessary.--- plus you cannot bond them on because they need to be "popped" off for your permanent restorations, which should be separate. hope this helps.
A related discussion, wearing temporaries was started.