Dental Health Expert Forum
Temporary Veneers
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Temporary Veneers

Hi,

I had my teeth prepared for veneers and crowns today and she put on temporary veneers.  However, it feels like the temporary is all one and not separate teeth.  Is it likely that the temporary is all one?  There are no gaps between the teeth, which makes me think it is all one.

After she had drilled the teeth looked like small stumps.

I have also had whitening.  They used to be B2 but are now A1.  Is A1 the highest?

I am based in the UK.

Best wishes,

Iain.
Related Discussions
It is possible that the temps are connected for extra strength. The veneers will be individual. The preps for the crowns may look like stumps to the layman but there is a method to our madness.If you are asking if A1 is the lightest it is not. That does not mean that that is the shade of the laminates.I have found if they are too light it is too artificial looking.
2 Comments
Blank
B1 is the brightest, but "B" is a different color than "A". there are now even whiter shades than B1 and A1. Msot likely your temporary is one piece. It was done that way so it does not break, and because making separate temps is clinically very difficult ans not necessary.--- plus you cannot bond them on because they need to be "popped" off for your permanent restorations, which should be separate. hope this helps.
Blank
A related discussion, wearing temporaries was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now