Dental Health Expert Forum
Tenderness after root canal

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Tenderness after root canal

I had a root canal done about three months ago on tooth 11 . After the root canal, I experienced some numbness next to my nose that went away. Then about 1 month later, I started experiencing achyness when I touch my face in the same area. It's right at the top of the root for this tooth. I went back to my dentist and also to an endodontist and both said everything looks fine, except that my gum was bleeding in that area. I'm flossing regularly to try to resolve this but still having these symptoms. They are not painful and barely noticable unless I press in this area. Any clue what's going on?

Thanks for your advice.
What was the long term restorative solution to your root canal?  Did you have a crown placed on the tooth?  It might be the crown is poor fitting and causing an irritation to the gum.  

Any recent sinus problem as well?  Generally the area can also get affected by sinus trouble and can feel like a toothache or achy-ness of that area.
1 Comment
A related discussion, tenderness on gum after root canal was started.