Dental Health Expert Forum
Throbbing Gums

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Throbbing Gums
I have been having constant throbbing in my gums for about 7 months now.Recently I had a deep cleaning down and was told this would help with the throbbing.It has been everal weeks since I completed the cleaning and still the throbbing is constant.Per my dentist I do not have any infections and I have strong teeth.what can this be and what can I do to stop it? There are days I have to take pain medicine just to get through the day.
I think you need to see a periodontist at this point.
Assuming periodontal tissues are healthy after comprehensive treatment and the symptom persists, The issue of occlusion and  paresthesia should be addressed.