Dental Health Expert Forum
Throbbing Tooth But No Pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Throbbing Tooth But No Pain

I have a tooth that was throbbing today but there really isn't any pain- and after having a root canal a few years ago I know what throbbing pain feels like. It does feel a little sensitive at times but eating and drinking doesn't seem to bother it. I know I need a filling on that tooth but being out of work right now I'm going through our county health district. But for some reason this tooth isn't eligible for the slider fee and they want 20 percent right up front which I just don't have. I do have a history of sinus infections but I usually know when I have one. In the back of my mind I'm just worried I won't be able to get the cavity filled in time and will need a crown or root canal which they don't do at the Health District and there is absolutely no way we could pay for that and it's a front tooth so I really don't want to be stuck in a position where I have to pull it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.