Tiny Black Spot Gumline
So I have a severely receding lower gum line especially with the two lower front teeth. And I was supposed to have a skin graft done to fix this situation, but then I found out I needed heart surgery so I kind of put the oral surgery on the back burner. Anyways I was looking at my teeth last night and noticed that there was a very tiny black dot at the baseline of my front lower tooth right at the gumline where it is very receded. I am seeing a Dentist next week but was wondering if you guys had any opinions. I am just wondering if since they are so receded this is the early signs of a cavity, It almost looks like a piece of pepper is stuck between the gum and the tooth but trust me its not. I guess my real concern is I have been reading about oral cancer melanoma starting off as a small black dot. Wondering if you guys have any ideas. Thanks a lot
Melanoma only occurs in soft tissue. It appears you have a root caries.
Aren't gums soft tissue