Dental Health Community
Tiny bump under tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Tiny bump under tongue

I noticed a bump smaller than a BB under my tongue and pointed it out to my dentist when I went in for my check up today. She'd done my yearly full jaw x-rays plus the 4 bite wings today and said there is no calcification and that this is a tiny clogged salivary gland most probably just thick stuff. She also said it rolls around and is down where the salivary glands are located.  

She told me it might remain the same or go away.  I'm a horrible worrier and wondered if there is something I can do to make it go away.  She gave me Biotene for dry mouth (my anxiety meds cause dry mouth).

There is NO discomfort. I found it by accident.  I should add that I had a full body PET scan three weeks ago (regular follow up for colon cancer) and all was clear.
It's fine.  You should get outside and explore the world.  
So true.  Stage IV cancer tends to mess with your mind.  I hope you never have to know.......