Tongue Bumps - more than a month
I have these painful tongue bumps for over a month. They have been coming and going all over the front end of my tongue. They are a constant pain nothing I do seems to help. I've been to the doctor and all she said was that it could just "be a badly compounded viral infection." I have attached a picture of what my tongue looks like with the bumps and sores. I have looked all over the internet for solutions for what the condition could be. It could just be a bad viral infection, but it could be something else. Thanks to anyone who replies!
A clinical examination is necessary for confirming the exact cause of your symptoms. The exact cause cannot be confirmed on the basis of a picture. Bump on the side of tongue can be due to constant irritation of the fungiform papillae. Small bumps can be caused by oral herpes simplex virus complex, allergic reactions, early stage syphilis, canker sores, bacterial infections or tuberculosis. Immune disorders can also cause tongue bumps. Mouth cancer can cause a lump or area of thickened skin on the side of your tongue. A clinical examination is must. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. Seek second opinion if the symptoms are severe or persistent. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!