Dental Health Expert Forum
Tongue and Cheek Swelling
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tongue and Cheek Swelling

In the last year I have had a few occasions where I have had the inside of my cheek and the side of my tongue swell up.  It is always the same side of my mouth.  I was trying to pay attention and it seems to happen when using plastic straws, or that is when I seem to really notice it.  Is this some kind of allergic reaction?  It goes away pretty much by the next day, but takes a couple of days to completely go away.  The inside of my cheek has a smooth feel to it, the last time I remembered to look at my tongue and it seemed to have white on it, a friend said it looked like I had burned my tongue.  It is an odd thing and just wondered if anyone knows what this might be.