Dental Health Expert Forum
Tongue
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tongue

For the last couple days I've been getting little white bumps on my tongue. My mom diagnosed them as canker sores. I've gotten them in the past, but usually only one and they last 2 -4 days max. At the beginning of the week I got one. I figured it would go away soon, so I ignored the pain and tried not to bite at it. Well, by the next morning there was another one and today there is another one. The first one started to go away a bit, but I'm worried I'm only going to get more. My sister told me just to bite them off. I had more sense then to bite them off. The thought disgusted me. They hurt as well. Some are at the tip, while others are off to the side. When I explained this to my mother, she thought it was from my braces. But to me that doesn't make sense. So that's why I resorted to here. I didn't want a doctors visit, and I figured my mom would dismiss the idea of seeing a doctor because she always assumes it's "nothing"...
Help?