Dental Health Community
Tooth Abscess

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Tooth Abscess

Hi, I had a toothache in my back molar for about a week and a half. A constant throbing sharp shooting terrible toothache from a really decayed back tooth. About a week ago I started taking Erythromycin and have been taking it as told. Now today my gums and cheek is swollen. The Dentist switched my antibiotic to Clindamycin and I just started taking that because he doesn't think the other one was working....no kidding. My question is do you think this antibiotic will kill the infection and when will the swelling go down. The appointment to have my tooth removed isn't until the 10th of april.  I've never had an infection in my mouth before so it's got me really worried. My tooth did stop hurting mostly though since my cheek swelled up, not sure why, is that good?
Thanks, and any advice will be appreciated.
Kally
I also wanted to add that I don't see any pus sack on my gums or cheek but there is some white stuff that looks like it could be an abscess inbetween my tooth and gums. The dentist hasn't seen me since my cheek swelled up and won't beable to until the 10th. thanks, again.
Removal of offending tooth ASAP is advised
I had my top right 2nd molar abscess wed. It immediately began swelling so I went to the dentist thurs who couldn't even do a norm xray cause of how bad the swelling is. I can barely open my mouth at all can't eat much of anything....the doc put me on amoxcillin and percecet but they are not doing anything. My swelliing has now moved from just my cheek to the entire right side of my face into my ear and up to my temples & eye...all I waant to do is scream and cry it hurts so bad. Ibprophen and alieve wont touch the swelling. Have tried clove oil tea bags Listerine etc and nothing's working. I have been going from fever to sweats nausea and diarrhea etc...should I go to the er? Earliest surgeon apt I could get to extract the roots is april 10th.
your tooth stop paining may be it is good news but it is not necessary that your diseases is cured. you must visit your nearest Dentist and take advice from it

professional dentist in Munich.