Dental Health Community
Tooth Extraction Infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Tooth Extraction Infection?

I had my tooth removed 6 weeks ago and i had drysocket and got it packed with clove oil and the pain went away  and each week i could see it healing fine, but about a week ago a lump formed on the inside on my gum below the extraction hole and is a little sore and when i press in on it it seems to let clear blood come out of the hole?. What is it??? should i be concerned?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Without an evaluation it may be difficult for me to determine the exact cause of your symptoms. This lump can be due to any infection in the gums. If it is sore there are chances that there could be pus in it. There could possibly be an abscess developing at that site. I will advise you to get it seen by your dentist as soon as possible. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!