Dental Health Community
Tooth Extraction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tooth Extraction

I had a back lower right molar removed. The dentist had to freeze me over 10 times. The extraction went OK but a day & 1/2 after the extraction - my lower right and a bit above was very sore then my right cheek started to swell up the size of a golf ball.  Went back to the dentist 5 days later - he said you have an infection - prescribed antibiotics - 2 kinds Amoxil & Metronidazole - now today the swelling has reduced 2 days later.  What can I eat? and is the whole thing normal?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I would like to advise you not to chew on the numbed side as much as on the other side, as this trigers the nurve. Take daily tablet of B complex. Avoid sleeping on that side.
This will go away. No panic ok!
Blank
Hi, I had two teeth pulled on Monday, the pain four days later made me go back.it appears I have a dry socket. I have antibiotics and loratab but it doesn't help being pregnant I can only take 5mg and got 12pills. I use ice almost hourly but its still achy and throbbing down into my neck. I suggest eat a soft diet,your dentist should of told you that. I've also used an ointment called red cross toothache,its a few min of relief. I'm so annoyed being in pain this long,I truly hope you don't experience my symptoms, I'm due in four days for a c-section and dread more pain.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...