Dental Health Expert Forum
Tooth Filling to Maxillary sinus swelling to severe ear popping

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I had a filling done in August of this year in one of the top right back mollars...the same week my tongue gurt like crazy and then 2 weeks later I noticed my ear was losing hearing.

Forward to now...my face on the right side Maxillary sinus are swollen and numb with severe ear popping and pain and slight pain on the left side sinus and opping in the left ear but the main problem is the right...

I have to have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled only the bottum 2 are impacted....that will be done in a month or so...

I tried anti-botics for 4 months and no help...the right facial numbness/pain/ear popping fullness...is still there and its kind of hard to hear out of my right ear...any suggestions on the swollen Maxillary?  Can it be from a straight wisdom tooth? Or the filling inside the tooth could of got infeated causing my sinus to stay swollen? And if so wouldn't the tooth of started dying by now? Just wondering what keeps a sinus swollen constantly for over 4-5 months with no treatments working I have had not one runny nose since then...I need alittle advice or someone to calm my worries because this health problem is driving me crazy at 22...

George
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I think you need to consult an ENT doctor for your sinuses and the possibility of seeing a dentist who specializes in TMJ dysfunction--re. the popping in your ear.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Tired of this was started.
A related discussion, Face swelling was started.