Dental Health Community
Tooth Infection and Vertigo related?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Tooth Infection and Vertigo related?

I had vertigo 15 years ago due to a virus in my sinus and it cleared up after 2 weeks.  This time I got it for no reason (no virus) and'I've had vertigo symptoms for almost 8 weeks.  The vertigo spinning was bad at first and I guess I ruptured my ear drum due to a lot of fluid but most symptoms have subsided except for when I lay down flat on my back and if I look up for a long time.  

My 18 year old dental bridge fell off 2 weeks ago and I saw a huge cavity where the metal was hiding it.  I went to my dentist today and I need a root canal on the front tooth of my bridge (it's horrible looking on the xray) and a new bridge of course.  

Now my lymph node on my neck (same side) appears swollen like fluid is in the is side of my neck and while nothing is super painful, it aches a bit like a stiff neck.  I am now on a antibiotic for a week before my root canal.

My question is: is this why my vertigo isn't going away?  Can the infection in my tooth be causing fluid to build up in my inner ear which is why I have vertigo symptoms?  I can't seem to find an answer! Also, is the fluid in my lymph node from my inner ear or from the infection in my tooth???? Help!  Next stop ENT if I can't figure this out!
Dental infection is not a likely cause of vertigo. Seeing an ENT is advised.
Yes! Dental infection can absolutely cause vertigo, among a number of other nervous system and cardiovascular symptoms! ENT's do not specialize in the mouth so if it not in the ears or nose, it's your teeth speaking to you.
My aunt has problems with vertigo although its been a few years, recently she had an infected tooth and her face had swollen up pretty bad. The infection caused an imbalance in her inner ear fluid and caused her to actually pass out while driving her car. Luckily no one was hurt but the ER doctor did say this could aggravate vertigo. Hope everything worked out for you