Tooth Infection and Vertigo related?
I had vertigo 15 years ago due to a virus in my sinus and it cleared up after 2 weeks.  This time I got it for no reason (no virus) and'I've had vertigo symptoms for almost 8 weeks.  The vertigo spinning was bad at first and I guess I ruptured my ear drum due to a lot of fluid but most symptoms have subsided except for when I lay down flat on my back and if I look up for a long time.  

My 18 year old dental bridge fell off 2 weeks ago and I saw a huge cavity where the metal was hiding it.  I went to my dentist today and I need a root canal on the front tooth of my bridge (it's horrible looking on the xray) and a new bridge of course.  

Now my lymph node on my neck (same side) appears swollen like fluid is in the is side of my neck and while nothing is super painful, it aches a bit like a stiff neck.  I am now on a antibiotic for a week before my root canal.

My question is: is this why my vertigo isn't going away?  Can the infection in my tooth be causing fluid to build up in my inner ear which is why I have vertigo symptoms?  I can't seem to find an answer! Also, is the fluid in my lymph node from my inner ear or from the infection in my tooth???? Help!  Next stop ENT if I can't figure this out!
Dental infection is not a likely cause of vertigo. Seeing an ENT is advised.
Yes! Dental infection can absolutely cause vertigo, among a number of other nervous system and cardiovascular symptoms! ENT's do not specialize in the mouth so if it not in the ears or nose, it's your teeth speaking to you.
My aunt has problems with vertigo although its been a few years, recently she had an infected tooth and her face had swollen up pretty bad. The infection caused an imbalance in her inner ear fluid and caused her to actually pass out while driving her car. Luckily no one was hurt but the ER doctor did say this could aggravate vertigo. Hope everything worked out for you
Teeth?
Had vertigo 2 years and more, doctors keep labelling it Menirse disease which is vertigo but I believe a trigger has caused it , I'm 35 and it came about with inner ear infection when staying on farm and also being around black mold, since then and ear infections have kind of stopped , the vertigo remained
I never knew I had a small mouth. I never experienced vertigo until 3 years ago after I had a grueling dental procedure. Since then the vertigo attacks came back about 5 times - each and every time after a visit to the dentist. First I thought it was the drilling, then maybe a tooth infection, the latest one occurred a few days after a cleaning (which is not traumatic). On the other hand I have a small mouth and I really struggle to keep it open for any procedure. Dentists should pay attention to this issue. The first time I ended up in the ER (bill - $7000).  The neurologist told me "never go to the dentist anymore, and never ever lie completely flat for any procedure". Vertigo is extremely frightening, I cannot afford balance therapy. I'm trying to figure out myself what makes me so ill after dental visits. Dentists appear clueless about this problem, Thanks
I believe my vertigo is related to a severe subluxation and an infection in back lower tooth and back upper bridge that I cannot reach under to properly clean.
I've been dealing with verigo for 4 days now....Today as a matter of fact MAJOR toothache had started!!!! Thought vertigo was from an eat infection..... Glad I stumbled upon this site!!!!