Dental Health Expert Forum
Tooth Infection and vertigo

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Tooth Infection and vertigo

I had a tooth infection im guessing for at least 3 months (didnt know it was infected) and one day i woke up to the room spinning and basically vertigo.  So basically had seen a doctor, ENT, everything.  Didnt think it could be because of my tooth, but others told me otherwise.  So i had a root canal done yesterday and was prescribed antibiotics to kill the infection.  So do you think this tooth infection could be the reason for me having vertigo?
I usually don't notice patients with vertigo due to a tooth infection but the pain can radiate out to various area of the head and cause headaches, ear pain, etc.  Has the vertigo improved since the root canal?

help
can i remove my decay tooth
=============
web design
its doing better.  got it done on monday and little improvements everyday.
I would continue to monitor the situation but as long as its improving, I would leave it alone for now.  Is the vertigo constant or does it occur sporadically?
the vertigo i have now is just more like im slightly moving when im not.  not to bad  but still dont want to live like this.  usually feel good in the morning, gets worse as time goes by then starts getting better.
So your regular physician ran a bunch of tests to check for blood sugar, blood pressure, etc to make sure it wasn't anything else.  I assume the ENT checked your ears to make sure it wasn't due to something in your ear.  

yes they did all those tests.  i never told my ENT about the tooth or my primary doctor.  I got more work done on the tooth today and im feeling better.  Hopefully it will be completely gone here soon.