Dental Health Expert Forum
Tooth Pain + Orajel

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Tooth Pain + Orajel
Hello all. I recently found out that I have to get all 30 of my teeth removed at once which I am not really nervous about at all. However, I am in so much pain right now and the surgeon has me on a waiting list, are there any options for me? I tried orajel but it does not help even in the slightest, the pain persists even if put inside the tooth. Ibuprofen and tylenol also do not help at all.
You should contact your oral surgeon to see if they can remove the most problematic ones first and then schedule you to remove the rest.  Or your doctor can call a prescription for something stronger for pain medication and/or antibiotics as well, depending on your particular situation.
I should also add that I have had like 1 hour of sleep in the past 2 days and I am running on empty. Can't sleep due to pain no matter how elevated I am.
Can you call your dentist or doctor and ask for advice?
I have already been to a dentist, he gave me motrin and amoxicillin, it has done nothing. I am on a waiting list for surgery now which who knows how long it will take. :(
Maybe the dentist needs to prescribe a stronger pain medication and switch the antibiotics?