Dental Health Community
Tooth abcess(abscess), swollen lymph nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with this. On the left lower jaw I have two broken tooth next to eacht other (the 2nd and 3rd when you count from the insice left). They've had their share of problems in the last year, with a few swellings, pains, abcess (abscess) etc.

At this point I have no swelling, no pain, and no abcess (abscess) (at least I don't think so). But i have one swollen lymph node (which does NOT hurt) on the left side of my neck (between the shoulder and head). My question is, can this swollen lymph node be caused by the abcess (abscess) I've had on and off? I also have a very mild pain on my left side when swallowing sometimes.

I'm asking this, cause I have this swollen lymph node and I don't know what the cause is. And because it's relativel;y close to the place where I had my abcess (abscess), i thought that might be the cause.

I'd really appreciate an answer:)
ya i am also facing the same problem.i have also swollen lymph node on my right side of neck....and i have to extract my four wisdom tooth after three months...it may be because of that tooth.tommorrow i have appointment with dentist and i just make appointment to ask the reason that why i have this swollen lympe node...ok.then definately i will also tell ypu tommorrow that what is the ecact reason...but as for as i know it is because of that tooth.i have also no pain while eating and drinking.but when i touch i feel pain and then at the same time i also feel pain in my teeth.....so it may be that reason....

i go to dentist today and she said it is just because of that tooth.
hi shereen,

thank you very much for informing me...it eases my minf a little bit:)

thx!
u  most welcome.take care.but u should also go to dentist.because she gives me antibiotics and now its starts to decrease in size.but still i can feel it,.........