Dental Health Expert Forum
Tooth and Eye pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Tooth and Eye pain
I have been having tooth pain on my right side for a few weeks now, I am sure it is a cavity. At about the same time I got the pain in my tooth my right eye became weird. The veins are all red and bulged and it is heavy like when a hand or foot gets numbed from sitting on or standing on. Sometimes it feels like its not even there like that side of my face is missing. The weird feeling is always there but the redness of the veins changes, from dark red to lighter shade of red. Is the eye related the tooth? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I would recommend seeing your dentist to check the tooth for a possible abscess.  If he can rule that out, then I would recommend a referral to an orofacial pain specialist or neurologist.  
Your descriptions appear to suggest trigeminal autonomic cephalgia or trigeminal neuralgia with autonomic phenemenon. Seeing an orofacial pain specialist or neurologist is advised.