Dental Health Expert Forum
Tooth extraction/cap PAIN
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tooth extraction/cap PAIN

Hello. Please help. I had a dental procedure done on Dec. 1 2011. Tooth 30 (lower) got a temp crown put on. After 2 hours of fixing that my dentist told me the next tooth (tooth 31) needed to be extracted. Since I was already numb for the crown I said ok. I was prescribed 10 Lortax pain med. After a week I still felt like I had severe pain. Called dentist and he called me in penicillin and 10 more lortx. Its now the 16th (15 days later) still in pain. I was given a rinse called Peridex to flush the whole out with. NOW my problem. I have to go in Monday to have the same procedure on the other lower side. I changed the appt to just to the extraction this time and no crown at same time. I cant afford my oral surgeon who did my wisom and upper extractions. Is there a stronger pain medication to ask for. I havent been able to eat so the ibprofen/antibiotics killing my stomach. Please help. The Lortax did nothing and I really dont want to go through that again.What pain med should I ask for?? My oral surgeon gave me perkasets but he was so good I never filled them. Is that a good med to take that ACHE Ive been feeling now for 15 days. Thank you.
Tags: Pain, tooth extraction, help, meds