Dental Health Community
Tooth has no nerve yet after being preped for a crown I now have tootha...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Tooth has no nerve yet after being preped for a crown I now have toothache with the tamp crown extremely sore to touch?

On Friday I attended the dentist to be preped for a crown on my bottom front tooth. The dentist said that as I had no nerve in the tooth which had been removed years ago he could perform the procedure without a jag to numb me. He went ahead with the procedure and and apart from the odd niggle I was fine. On the Saturday the tooth was a little sore but thought this was just from him working on it the day before. Sunday I woke with mild toothache, the tooth was very sore to touch when tapped on the side but managable. As the day progressed the pain got worse to the extent that I was taking pain releif every 4 hours.
Iv'e had an absessed tooth before and this isn't anything as bad however its enough to waken me and keep me awake at night. Currently my tooth remains sore to touch and in the surrounding area is a dull constant pain, my mouth is not swollen. How can this happen if I have no nerve?