Dental Health Expert Forum
Tooth pain after prepping new night guards

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Yesterday I 'formed' two new night guards and when I bit into a hard cracker later that night, I noticed one of my teeth felt 'sore' or 'bruised'.  It's number 28 on the chart.  No pain or discomfort otherwise and today the discomfort is minimal.  My teeth did sort of stick to the hot plastic (the heat did not hurt) so I'm wondering if this is something I should worry about.  I've tapped it with a pen and feel nothing.  Only the bruised feel when I bite something very hard and a teeny sensation if I attempt to wiggle it.  I'm 62 and not due to see my dentist for a few months.
I would keep an eye on it.  It may just be a bit of trauma from the cracker.  If the symptoms persist or worsen, I would recommend a consultation with your dentist.
Had it extracted today.  The discomfort continued and my dentist found a crack right between the two fillings.  Thanks again for your help!
Glad you're taken care of.  Sorry to hear they couldn't save the tooth.