Dental Health Community
Tooth pain after root canal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tooth pain after root canal

I had a root canal for right-side molar about 7 weeks ago and now I'm feeling some discomfort in the tooth.  It's not severe pain but an ache and annoying pain.  Is there any explanation for the discomfort other than the tooth bone is now bad?  I sure wouldn't look forward to a tooth extraction, etc.  Very frustrating that this tooth is now bothering me.  
Blank
Hi there,
Some pain and discomfort is common after a root canal treatment. There may be formation of a periapical abscess as a result of the initial infection due to bacteria during the endodontic procedure. There may be formation of a tooth abscess or inflammation of adjacent tissues due to increased blood flow during the healing process of the infected tissues. A failed root canal is another possibility. A return visit to the dentist may be necessary to re-evaluate the tooth’s condition since there is persistent pain .Get yourself checked again.
Best luck and regards!
Hi there,
Some pain and discomfort is common after a root canal treatment. There may be formation of a periapical abscess as a result of the initial infection due to bacteria during the endodontic procedure. There may be formation of a tooth abscess or inflammation of adjacent tissues due to increased blood flow during the healing process of the infected tissues. A failed root canal is another possibility. A return visit to the dentist may be necessary to re-evaluate the tooth’s condition since there is persistent pain .Get yourself checked again.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank