Dental Health Community
Toxic Dentures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Toxic Dentures

I went through the procedure of getting full uppers and partials on the bottom in January.  I have been feeling sick, and have been to the doctors twice for antibiotics.  Now I feel more toxic, like a bad taste in my mouth, my eyes burn and my nose burns after blowing it.  Even my stomach is starting to hurt after eating.  I thought maybe it could be my dentures.  So, I took them out and stopped wearing them for a few days, and the bad taste started to go away along with the headaches.  Can anyone tell me what I can do about this?  I paid alot of money for these teeth.  My email is chammer @ kaycee.net

Thanks for your help,
Chantel Hammer
In my 20+ years of practice, I have not seen one like your presentation. However, I almost never use chair-side relining material.Lab processed denture is highly unlikely to release monomer which is probably associated with your problem. I assume your denture is chair side relined. If the denture is not chair side relined, I would speculate the problem comes from occlusion.