Dental Health Community
Treat decay under bridge anchoring tooth with removing bridge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I am told I have decay in the upper portion of an anchoring tooth in a bridge.  Is it possible to treat this condition without removing and thus losing the brigde?

This discussion is related to Tooth decay under bridge.
You'll lose the anchoring tooth,  it happened to me.  Then you're facing a new bridge that is longer to accommodate the extra space. You may think I'm crazy but when this happened to me I opted for a "Snap on Smile".  A new bridge was going to cost me 3500.00 and the snap on smile 1500. it was a no brainer.  I'm very happy with the snap on smile, it just fits over your upper or lower teeth, fits perfectly, looks beautiful, and you don't have to wear it at night (but you can) and you can remove it to brush your teeth.  I absolutely love it and people are amazed at how good it looks. Not at all fake, am I'm very particular about my teeth so it had to look as good as my uppers which are perfect.  Something to consider if money is an issue, but I would have opted for it anyway because decay does occur under bridges and then you're facing a very expensive new bridge.