Dental Health Community
Twisting the tooth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Twisting the tooth

I had a crown 2 years ago, I have recently noticed that the tooth next to the crown is twisting so I returned to my dentist. I have decay under the original crown (which is not obviously the dentists fault). However the tooth which is twisting is apparently nothing to do with the crown. The new X-ray shows some bone changes in the twisting tooth. Grinding teeth, that being my main tooth to bite with and it not having moved, were all mentioned as causes. I am annoyed because that tooth was fine before I had my crown and now it's a problem. How convenient that the tooth twisting is nothing to do with the work they have done, or am I being stupid?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are fine.
Without an external evaluation it may be difficult to determine whether the crown has caused this twisting or there is some other cause .The immediate side effects after crown placement are infection of the gums or mouth, bleeding, pain etc.The late side effects are tooth decay under the crown or falling off of the crown in cases it is not fitted properly. Since it is almost 2 years since crown placement and there has been no other symptom it seems unlikely that it is due to the crown. What type of bone changes are seen in the twisted tooth? It is best to have a frank discussion with your dentist and get your doubts clarified. Do keep us posted.
Best luck ad regards!