Dental Health Expert Forum
Upper back molar pain - Unknown reason

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Upper back molar pain - Unknown reason

I suddenly started having severe pain on my upper back molar tooth. My dentist took an x-ray, couldn't see a crack, infection or abscess. This tooth wasd always sensitive to cold and if i Press it, it's sore. When this pain started 3 days back, I had severe on & off pain between by left side of forehead and the tooth. Please help.
They should test the tooth and see if the nerve is functional.  It may be infected or died somehow and needs a root canal.  The other possibility is that its a sinus infection and not related to the tooth.  Your dentist could try a course of antibiotics and see if that helps.