Dental Health Expert Forum
VERY sore gums...

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

VERY sore gums...
This is the 2nd time I've experienced this in 4 months... They'll swell up, very tender even for my lip to rest upon it, dark red, a white spot right above a few teeth will form and when you run your fingers across it a white film will wipe away which I'm assuming is a thin layer of skin... I brush my teeth everyday sometimes twice a day. I occasionally gargle with peroxide. My teeth are litteraly squeeky clean...
I didn't always take good care of my teeth though... Just over a year ago when I was pregnant I was homless and was lucky if i could brush my teeth 2x's a week let alone 2x's a day... Cavities formed that I have not yet been able to get fixed yet that stll someitmes hurt when I eat sweet stuff...
But my question is what is going on with my gums... It's very painful and extremely annoying...
Sorry for your tough situation.  I would recommend going to a dentist and getting a checkup to see whats going on.  You can contact your local dental society to find out if there are any dental services that are provided free or at a discount to help out the local community.