Dental Health Community
Very small brown/black spot on tongue where a canker sore was?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Very small brown/black spot on tongue where a canker sore was?

I had a canker sore on my tongue yesterday. Today it "popped", and I noticed a small dark brown, maybe black, spot where the sore was. It is very small, about 1/2 the size of mechanical pencil lead. The area is not concave, nor convex, but flush with the area around it. The area is still sensitive and quite painful if pressure is applied. Otherwise, it doesn't hurt.

I get canker sores fairly often (around 10 a year). I am usually aware of them and I will scratch them on my teeth until they "pop". I'm thinking it may just be some kind of scab? I have never noticed anything like it before, though, which is why I am somewhat concerned.
Blank
Hello,
Canker sores are usually they may be triggered by any stress, chemical irritations food allergies poor nutrition, viral or bacterial and trauma. Nutritional problems, such as vitamin B-12, zinc, folic acid, or iron deficiency; and gastrointestinal tract disease, such as Celiac disease and Crohn's disease all can make a person develop canker sores. These sores usually heal within two weeks. Severe canker forms of the sore may leave scars. Since you are suffering from recurrent canker sores it is best to contact a doctor and rule out above mentioned possibilities. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!
Hello,
Canker sores are usually they may be triggered by any stress, chemical irritations food allergies poor nutrition, viral or bacterial and trauma. Nutritional problems, such as vitamin B-12, zinc, folic acid, or iron deficiency; and gastrointestinal tract disease, such as Celiac disease and Crohn's disease all can make a person develop canker sores. These sores usually heal within two weeks. Severe canker forms of the sore may leave scars. Since you are suffering from recurrent canker sores it is best to contact a doctor and rule out above mentioned possibilities. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank