Dental Health Community
WHITE SPOT ON UPPER GUM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

WHITE SPOT ON UPPER GUM

I have a white spot actually two , next to each other. I do not know where they came from but appeared so suddenly, and I mistaken it as a cut... but after two days i noticed it was not just any other cut but two white spots that are above my left canine tooth. just that section is more pink/red than the normal looking gums. it is about to be a week, and it is sensitive to toothpaste and anything it has come in contact. i've only seen it bleed once... otherwise i am worried if it's gingivitis or some kind of gum cancer???
so my question is, has anyone have this kind of situation before? or even have the slightest clue???

i do not smoke or anything harmful... it just happened unexpectedly ...

any help or thoughts would do!
thank you.
It's probably not gingivitis, but if it has been more than a week you should see your dentist.  If he isn't sure what it is, he can send you to an oral surgeon to have it biopsied.