Waiting a month for decaying wisdom tooth extraction
Several months ago I noticed my back left wisdom tooth had a needle-like jagged edge. I wasn't sure whether it was still coming in strange (I have another that never fully emerged) or if it was rotting. There is no pain, and no bad taste. I don't have insurance and (unwisely) didn't do anything about it. Yesterday I noticed the tooth seems to have changed in shape by feeling it with my tongue. I'm pretty sure it is decaying, even though there is no pain.

I plan to go to a dentist and get this taken care of. However, I have a trip coming up where I'll be out of town for more than a week. I leave in 2.5 weeks. I have a feeling I'll have to get all my wisdom teeth out, and recovery can take a while. Also, it will be much more financially practical in a month. Is it feasible to wait about a month to see the dentist, or is there a serious risk of complications?
Hi there,
It may be difficult to confirm whether you can wait or not for a week without clinically examining your teeth. Build up of plaque in the wisdom tooth  can lead to many problems like cellulitis in the cheek, tongue or throat , osteomyelitis which is  an infection inside the bone of your jaw, abscess etc.It is best to see a dentist as soon as possible and you may need antibiotic and antiseptic mouth washes. Treatment of the cause and supportive treatment will be very helpful. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!