Dental Health Expert Forum
Weight Loss After Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Greetings. I recently had my wisdom teeth extracted (two on top, one on bottom) and have noticed, in the three weeks since the surgery, a small amount of weight loss. I understand that this could be related to the restricted diet and the mouth pain. I was curious if this was a normal experience after extraction, or if perhaps I should talk to my primary care physician. I tend to worry about my health, so any weight loss does cause some amount of anxiety. Any imput is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
I would think that if you restricted your food intake post extraction then you might lose some weight. If this continues then I would see your MD.
Can infected wisdom teeth that are pussing cause tiredness and bloating?