Dental Health Expert Forum
Weird thing in back of mouth. Panicking, please help

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Hey guys,

Out of nowhere, I was eating and felt something in the back of my mouth. I can move it around with my tongue so I thought it was food, but when I tried to remove it with floss it started bleeding. I can't see it at all, and it's back near where a wisdom tooth is starting to come in. It feels like a long, skinny membrane almost...it's super weird and it definitely wasn't there a half hour before. I'm concerned too because I just moved to a different province (I'm from Canada) and I don't have a health card yet..plus the thing in my mouth is really starting to hurt.

Really appreciate any help, I know it's a strange question and I'm struggling to explain it decently. Thanks!
Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

You could be getting pericornitis from a partially erupted or impacted wisdom tooth.