Dental Health Expert Forum
What is a crown build-up?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What is a crown build-up?

What is a build-up for a crown and what are "pins"?
How can I know if the dentist is performing/has performed the procedure?
I noticed that I was billed for that procedure, but I am not sure that the dentist did anything other than drill, take impression and fit a temporary crown.

Also, what is "Application of Desentesizer Res" Code D9911 and how it is different from "App. of desensitizing medication"  Code D9910?
Related Discussions
540545_tn?1377626518
Sorry.  I don't do insurance billing but I can make a guess.  Code D9911 sounds like the application of a liner or base on the tooth to prevent sensitivity or pain after a filling or crown is done.  Coed D9910 sounds like something we would put on a tooth to reduce sensitivity but with no other dental work done.  This is a coating we may place on exposed roots to cover them up a little.

As for a buildup, its the material and process we do to restore whats missing on the tooth to place a crown on it.  Sometimes there are cavities or fillings which are larger than what we remove in preparation for a crown.  In order to replace the missing tooth structure, we generally place a buildup, which functions like a filling and replaces what is lost in order to provide structure to place the crown on.  Kind of difficult to describe, its easier to visualize.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank