White Pasty Mouth After Brushing
In the morning after I wake up and brush my teeth, usually on my way to work, as I am walking in, I run my finger along my gums in my mouth and pull out all this white pasty string stuff. What is it? Should I be worried? It only happens when I brush my teeth.
My routine:
Floss
Crest whitening mouthwash
Brush
mouthwash
anybody?
At a minimum, it's the peroxide in the whitening mouthwash. I had the same problem, and it went away when I switched from Crest whitening toothpaste to Tom's of Maine natural. There could be other ingredients in the Crest as well, but I know the peroxide has that effect.
It's...flesh.

You were sensitive to something in the toothpaste most likely and it essentially burned off a thin layer of the flesh inside of your mouth.

This happens to me paste only tooth pastes, and mouthwashs like listerine. I generally have to use diluted mouthwash and gel toothpastes.