Dental Health Community
White bump on upper gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

White bump on upper gums

I am 17 and have a white bump on the upper right hand gums, just above my k9 tooth. It doesnt hurt at all, but im not sure what it is. It is a whitish color and red around it, it doesnt grow or go away and i just noticed it a few days ago, but i think i had for at least a week. I havn't went the dentist yet I'm planning on going pretty soon. I brush my teeth twice a day and i havn't been using mouth wash in a while until I noticed this bump, but I never had any problems before. So any way I just need to know what this white bump is and if it is serious or notand if there is anything i can do to get rid of it?
need to go see a dentist, could be an infection, or a cysts they only way to tell is going to the dentist and they might want to do xrays