Dental Health Expert Forum
White head on the gums

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

White head on the gums

Hi I'm 19 and I go to college. The first few days i noticed my gum front bottom between the two teeth was swollen. After two days I noticed a white head (pimple) - a small one. Now there nothing there but the gum feels a little sensitive.  There's no pain but I'm just worried its not just a pimple or something more. I brush almost all the time might have forgotten a couple of time. I hope its not an infection or gum disease or anything. I read about gum boil but my pimple was leaking out anything ts was just a white head. Please let me know any info that u can give me. Thank You Also any home remedies that I can use
Avatar dr m tn
Warm salt water is always a good home remedy, but have a dentist diagnose the problem. It does not sound serious but have it checked out.
Avatar n tn
sry i meant the pimple wasn't leaking out
Avatar n tn
Get it checked out by a dentist.  Any pimple looking pathology that's swollen and tender tends to suggest an infection.  It might be a gum infection or something going on with the teeth.  It's best to have it examined and possibly an xray taken to decide what the cause is and to determine the best solution.

Zzzdentist
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, Pimple -like growth on gum was started.