Dental Health Expert Forum
White patches on gums

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

White patches on gums
My dentist told me I have white patches on my gums, and I need to go to the hospital. I honestly can't see them myself. I don't seem to have any other symptoms but I am really worried about reading what it can be. I don't have the patches anywhere else. can anyone give me any indication what it might be.
A white patch can be anything from a callous (sort of like a rub or friction caused) or it can be potentially the start of cancer.  I would recommend following up at the hospital since your dentist is concerned.
It might be Candida Albicans which is fungus on the gums or it could be  leukoplakia (if your a smoker).
yes, i agree with you,your suggestion is really very good.