Dental Health Expert Forum
White puss filled bump on front gumline by a crown

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I had a root canal and crown put on my tooth about three weeks ago. After the root canal I had some pain, which is to be expected, but it went away. About four days ago i started to get pain in my tooth again. Then swelling started to occur around the front of the tooth. Then a puss pocket filled up. I have been taking 800 mg of Advil and it does nothing to the pain. I can't eat because of the pain. I have a call in to me dentist and they told me to rinse with warm salt water until they can see me. I have never had this type of pain before can you tell me what it might be and tell me how to relieve the pain?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I am not sure why you were not seen asap, that being said, it sounds like the infection is from the rct  or possibly the gum.I think you are doing as much as you can until you see your dentist.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Bump or pimple after root canal and crown was started.