Dental Health Community
White spot on Gum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

White spot on Gum

I could have had this forever, but just noticed it.  I am pregnant and a little obsessed with everything right now.  On my lower canine, I have a white spot on my gum.  I went to my dentist and he says that yes, it's a normal white spot.  It's about the 1/3 of my pinky nail size.  I, of course, type in 'white spot on gum" and find ALL sorts of horrible looking oral cancer pictures on the website.  I have to get all 5 of my lower teeth pulled after the baby is born.  I had two of those teeth break off and the dentist just cemented them back on (a bandaid for now).  Now my gums are all swollen and not looking like it likes the cement.  He saw that too and said that it's normal for the teeth breaking off for my gums to do this.  The only thing that scared me was the pictures of the white spot.  It looks like there may be two little 'cuts' under neath the white spot, but that could be from me over brushing, over flossing and over pulling my lip down to look at it.....   Can anybody make me feel better?  
Seeing an oral pathologist or oral surgeon is advised.