Dental Health Community
White thin film under the tongue.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

White thin film under the tongue.

For days now, I have this thin white film under my tongue. I don't have any pain. It's just bothering me. It's like a thin skin and It's really bothersome. after I brush my teeth they seem to disappear, but in the morning I have it again. I don't know if it's from bactidol because I used it for 4 days. Prior to this I visited my dentist and she noticed that it was red under my tongue, but she said it was normal. Right now it's not as red but like I mentioned I have this thin white film. I seem to have it on my inner lower lips as well, but not as much. What could this be?
If you can rub it off or pull it off, it is from a whitening toothpaste or your mouthwash.  Try something different and see if it goes away.