Dental Health Expert Forum
Whitish Stuff on Lips in the Morning

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Whitish Stuff on Lips in the Morning
I recently noticed that I have semi white "boogers" on my lips in the morning when I wake up. Is this normal? They are elastic in nature and don't leave anything like soreness under them when I whipe them or lick them away.

I mouth breathe alot when I sleep as well, and wake up with a dry mouth often.

The stuff is only seen in the morning, so I don't really have any way to show it except by taking a picture right when I wake up. I'm kind of concerned it might be Thrush or something.

It's the stuff on my lower lip-

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k18/victor933/

It sounds like it might be related to the dry mouth. It doesn't sound serious. If it is bothering you, you might want to place some type of lubricate on your lips before you go to sleep.
Just a detail I forget, I only see these on my upper and lower lip in the morning and it varies from not being present to slightly more severe, but they always look the same, though I do seem to have whiteness on the back of my tounge usually.
And it's only right when I wake up, when I lick them off usually, they don't re-appear again until the next morning.
I used the word "Usually", sorry about that, I just want to put emphasis on the fact that I -never- see them re appear later on once I have licked them off after waking up.