Dental Health Expert Forum
Whitish Stuff on Lips in the Morning
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Whitish Stuff on Lips in the Morning

I recently noticed that I have semi white "boogers" on my lips in the morning when I wake up. Is this normal? They are elastic in nature and don't leave anything like soreness under them when I whipe them or lick them away.

I mouth breathe alot when I sleep as well, and wake up with a dry mouth often.

The stuff is only seen in the morning, so I don't really have any way to show it except by taking a picture right when I wake up. I'm kind of concerned it might be Thrush or something.

It's the stuff on my lower lip-

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k18/victor933/

Related Discussions
It sounds like it might be related to the dry mouth. It doesn't sound serious. If it is bothering you, you might want to place some type of lubricate on your lips before you go to sleep.
4 Comments
Blank
Just a detail I forget, I only see these on my upper and lower lip in the morning and it varies from not being present to slightly more severe, but they always look the same, though I do seem to have whiteness on the back of my tounge usually.
Blank
And it's only right when I wake up, when I lick them off usually, they don't re-appear again until the next morning.
Blank
I used the word "Usually", sorry about that, I just want to put emphasis on the fact that I -never- see them re appear later on once I have licked them off after waking up.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now