Dental Health Expert Forum
Why Is My side of my face soo swollen?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Why Is My side of my face soo swollen?
I had Tooth #18 Pulled on Mon, it is now Thurs and my face just got swollen last night. I feel like underneath my jawline is swollen, it hurts soo much. I cant chew anything in my mouth, or open my mouth wide enough. My Dentist gave me vicodin for pain and penicillin for a antibotic. the spot were the tooth was I cant see a hole, but there a bunch of white stuff around and on the area. Ive been using warm water with salt, and ice still is swollen..please help
Notify your dentist if the swelling or pain worsens.  Swelling after three days may indicate an infection and although you are on antibiotics, its possible that its not working and you may need to switch to another one.  If it doesn't start to improve by now, I would recommend going back to check to see how things are going.
sounds like the normal stuff you just got the side effects a little later then normal. but everyone is different... i just had a took extracted 9 days ago and im still in a little pain. they hole is still there and i cant chew on that side. it feels like my gum line is still swollen ( and doesnt help that i stick my tongue in there all the time!).... try and keep things out of that area ( fingers, tongue, food anything)...ice for 15 mins and then take off for 15 mins.... repeat that for  a while  and then if the swelling doesnt decrease you can try and hot compress ( warm water on wash cloth) and go back and forth with those...... call your dentist and tell him what you see , and he will give you the best answer!....good luck!