Dental Health Community
Why am I having more pain/sensitivity after having crowns replaced?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had a bike accident when I was about 11 or 12 and the result was my two front teeth cracked and one on my side tooth cracked too. The side tooth was crowned and the two front teeth were filled. About 10 years ago (19 years old) I had to have a root canal on the 2 front teeth because I had 2 cyst forming inside my gums. After having the crowns put in I started having pain in my bottom teeth. I had to get braces to correct the problem. But, after the braces were taking off the pain came back in my lower bottom teeth. I started having pain in my side tooth and after 10 years of having the front crowns in I started to notice that my gums were receding and I started to notice the metal. So, about 2 months ago I went in to have my all of the crowns replaced. I still have pain in my bottom teeth, and the tooth next to my side tooth hurts and I feel like my two front teeth are not strong enough b/c when I talk I can feel the sensitivity in the nerve for one of my front teeth and when I don't talk I can feel discomfort in my two upper teeth. It is very uncomfortable and it seems like the pain is in my nerves. The dentist told me that my original teeth were weak and wouldn't hold the crowns for long and suggested that I get veneers, but I opted out. I am feeling discomfort in my front teeth and the tooth next to my side tooth won't stop hurting. I brought some toothpaste to help with the sensitivity in my lower teeth. I am having a hard time forming my mouth when I speak. I can speak to where my bottom and front teeth meet, but b/c my crowns don't feel stable it is very discomforting and so instead I speak to where my top teeth don't meet my bottom teeth, which causes pain in my lower teeth. I am so frustrated and I don't know what to do. I am unemployed right now and I don't have insurance to go back to the dentist. What should I do? Any advice? I am feeling very insecure about this and it is hurting my social life and my self confidence. I just want to snatch them out!
Seeing an occlusionist or prosthodontist is advised.