Wisdom Teeth Removal During a Cold
My wisdom tooth removal (all 4) is scheduled for Tuesday, four days from now. Right now I have a cold, with nasal congestion and a dry cough. I phoned my surgery clinic and asked about my situation, and they told me as long as I don't have a fever I can go ahead with the surgery.

This seems strange to me as EVERYTHING I've read has said the exact opposite. My concerns were not being able to breath through my nose, and I was told I would be breathing through my mouth anyway. Again, this seems weird to me as everything I've read has said you need to breath through your nose. I also asked about the risk of coughing during surgery, and she said that people cough during the surgery all the time. Seems a weird response since everything I've read has said it is risky to be coughing during surgery while sedated.

Anyone have any experience with this? I want to trust the nurses answers and not be too scared/reschedule, but they just seem strange as everything I've read has said the exact opposite to what she has told me.
Personally I'd wait, just to be on the safe side.  Any kind of surgery while being sick is a little riskier.

But, I'm sure your doctor knows what they're talking about.  If they say it's ok then I'd go with that.

It's ultimately up to you.

Good Luck