Wisdom Teeth and Tinnitus
I recently had my wisdom teeth out, and since then I've had tinnitus in both ears that seems to come and go but is never completely gone.

I only had two wisdom teeth, both on the bottom. In the days before the surgery I had some eruption pain, and the teeth were fully impacted, and I had some mild tinnitus. However, after I got them out, the tinnitus has gotten much worse. I feel pressure in my ears often, and my surgeon said that in some cases the pressure from the swelling will put pressure on the ears and cause the tinnitus.

It's been a week since the surgery however and I still have the tinnitus. My mouth is healing pretty well and I would have thought that the swelling would have gone away and that thus the tinnitus has gone away.

Can anyone comment on whether having tinnitus after wisdom teeth removal is common and how long it takes for it to go away?

Thanks.
Removal of wisdom teeth probably has nothing to do with onest of tinnitus.Etiology of Tinnitus is generally speculated to be cns dysfunction.Myofascial trigger point pathology of masseter and lateral pterygoid muscles may contribute to tinnitus too.
"Etiology of Tinnitus is generally speculated to be cns dysfunction.Myofascial trigger point pathology of masseter and lateral pterygoid muscles may contribute to tinnitus too."

Could I get that in english? =)
Also, if the removal of the wisdom teeth could have absolutely nothing to do with it (even though my surgeon said this was possible due to swelling) would it make more sense that it has to do with me clenching my jaw? I've recently had trouble with it.
Please google" tinnitus", You'll be able to find detailed information. Clenching or bruxism is closely associated with masticatory muscle overuse,which may result in muscle ailment. Please review the textbook titled" Travell & Simod's myofascial pain and dysfunction the trigger point manual, volume1, upper half body, 2nd edition,published by lippincott williams& wilkins.Page329-349, page379-397. Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.
Are you taking Aspirin or a pain-killer containing it? That cases tinnitus as a side effect in many people.
I was taking painkillers now and then during the past week, yes, but I don't think it's related.

I'm pretty sure that it's due to my bruxism, now.
You are full of it. Countless people are experiencing tinnitus after wisdom tooth extraction. Strike up another one for western medicine. How long will people deny this?