Dental Health Expert Forum
Wisdom Teeth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Wisdom Teeth

I have a strange odor and taste by my wisdom teeth, mostly the bottom ones. They don't hurt but they just smell awful. I have rinsed with peroxide, warm salt water, and brush thoroughly in there location but the smell and taste will not go away. what is it? should I have them removed right away?
When was your last dental visit?

It may be your wisdom teeth getting food trapped in the area underneath the gums.  Bad breath can also come from the tongue and tonsil areas as well.  Try brushing your tongue to see if that's a quick fix.  Otherwise, seeing your dentist or primary physician would be the next step.
Thank you for answering my question! My last visit was in August, my next visit is this coming Tuesday. I think I should just go ahead and get them removed, shouldn't I? My tonsils are no longer there cause I had those removed when I was younger due to an infection. The smell is coming from between the wisdom tooth and the molar in front of it. So, it must be food and it is starting to smell better with constant scrubbing and rinsing.
Ya removing them should be okay.  There may be an area where there's food impaction and while cleaning the area may take care of it in the short term, it may be a reoccurring problem.

You can take advice from dental specialist and remove it.