Dental Health Community
Wisdom Tooth Extraction vs. Root canal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Wisdom Tooth Extraction vs. Root canal

"Dear Sir,
I had a severe pain in my lower corner tooth(wisdom tooth) 15 days back. I had a wisdom tooth since birth and it is as good as other tooth are. I consulted my dentist, she told that I need to go either through extraction or root canal with a cap treatment as it has a huge cavity..Both treatment can easily b done with my wisdom tooth(as she said).

So my question is what is ur suggestion? which option I should go for?
As I heard that Root canal is a painful process and leave many aftereffects and at least it can b avoided for the wisdom tooth, Coz this is a uselss tooth in our mouth. Although I want to save my tooth, but not at the cost my health.

Moreover, I want to delay the treatment for two months as I am into a very imp phase of my life, so will it be feasible and advisable to get it delayed?
If yes, then any precautions to b taken..

I am not going as per the advise of my doctor as I consulted her for the first time, due to the permanent non availability of my past dentist and thus I have a fear somewhere in my mind of wrong suggestion

Pl suggest.."