Dental Health Expert Forum
Wisdom Tooth Pre-Surgery Preperations
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Wisdom Tooth Pre-Surgery Preperations

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and hello. I am about to have a Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure, it is in exactly one week. First question, is wisdom removal considered surgery?

I am having the operation on the Thursday of next week and I saw my personal trainer and he said take the entire week off. From Monday until Tuesday the week after (it is Thursday here.) Is Pre Surgery Exercise recommended and how far ahead should you completely stop training?

Thank you...
Related Discussions
540545_tn?1377626518
You could probably exercise up until the day of the extractions but after that, I wouldn't try to exercise until you're able to feel better, which I would guess would be about a week.  You'll have some bleeding issues initially as well as pain in the jaw area.  Also, if you're "put to sleep" you'll some recovery time from that as well (a few hours after the surgery).  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now