Dental Health Community
Wisdom Tooth Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Wisdom Tooth Problems

My right wisdom tooth came through about 6 months ago, the left started coming through about a month ago.
Recently, by lower right gum has become sore, so i went to my dentist and he booked me an appointment to remove both of my wisdom teeth.
However, this is not for another week yet, and I can't close my mouth properly or chew properly anymore.
What is the best pain treatment, and is there any grounds to push my appointment closer?
SashaMary,
Easiest way would be to contact your dentist and ask for the appointment to be rescheduled. Explain the situation that you are in pain and that you are having issues you mentioned in your post.
Best pain treatment plan for now would be to try OTC pain medications like: ibuprofen, tylenol and such.
You can also ask to be put on their cancellation list....if someone cancels their appt. they will call you to come in sooner.  Also, ask if they can refer you to another dentist if they can't get you in sooner....chances are they'll find a spot!